For many years now, Flugsport Wien trains glider pilots. With our inexpensive all-inclusive winch course package we aim to adress everyone who is interested in gliding and becoming a pilot at our club.
Due to the fact that every member of our club is working at the the club non-paid in their freetime, we are able to offer the complete training for EUR 1.600,-.
If you choose to acquire your Glider Pilots Licence at our club, you will be a part of “Flugsport Wien” from the first day. You will be educated in both the theoretical and practical aspects of the gliding sport.
Included in the winch course price
- Up to 130 take-offs on the winch. This should be enough to acquire the licence and the winch rating.
- Theoretial course
- Support from our flight instructors throughout the the whole duration of the training course.
- Usage of all the club facilities and infrastructure
- Club membership till glider training completion
- Membership at the “Austrian Aero Club” for the first calender year
- Medical examination (Class II)
- Licence issue fee
- Aero-tow course
- Flight logbook (in case you don’t own one already)
- Glider training, exams and radio communication at the airfield is provided in German language only
- Training must be completed within 18 months from starting.
- The course fee of EUR 2500,- is due at the beginning of the course. EUR 1200,- will be refunded in case the course is canceled before the 31. take-off.
Extra course aero-tow rating
Besides taking off from the winch, it is also possible to be pulled to altitude by a powered aircraft. The extra course “aero-tow” costs ca. EUR 400,-.